Students today have it a lot easier than our parents back in their high school days, but we fail to realize that and take what we have for granted. We ride and play the system because we are familiar with it, and we know how to utilize and pick apart the system to just go right on by.
As we begin to get into the swing of the school year, one subject is still buzzing around in the lunchroom and the classroom. The ever approaching storm on my sunny vacation, summer homework.
There can be no denying that American culture has an obsession with beauty, especially female beauty. The media uses women’s faces and bodies to sell everything, from alcohol to cars to hamburgers. Mass media bombards young girls with images of what the “perfect” body should look like, with devastating results.
ince the foundation of Facebook, there have been many social networks. From Twitter and Instagram to Vine and there is always something new. As new social sites are released, some students think Facebook is sinking to the bottom.
The ISONN NewsStream is a regular compilation of stories, pictures and video from the member sites of the Interscholastic Online News Network.
Many of the articles have been edited and enhanced by the ISONN NewsStream staff.
ISONN will build and host a news website for any high school or teacher who wants one. There is no charge for this service.
Any existing high school news website that wants to join ISONN may do so. There is no charge for membership. Member sites agree with the general mission statements of the organization and allow the sharing of their their originally produced content with other member sites.
To join ISONN, visit the membership sign-up page on the ISONN site.
The ISONN network
The Interscholastic Online News Network supports more than 100 high school news websites around the country. Take a look:
View ISONN News Websites in a larger map
- TheAggie: Proposed “happy class” explores personal happiness
- TheRedandBlack: New app helps hikers identify native plant names
- TheAggie: Online courses expand opportunities for students
- TheRedandBlack: Trend of anonymous apps could spark increase in social regression
- TheRedandBlack: Undocumented students fight for in-state tuition
- TheStatesman: Medical students go rural
- DatelineAlabama: AJ McCarron ready for the NFL
- TheRedandBlack: Protecting student records is one of UGA’s top priorities
- GoldenGateXpress: Local student goes viral on YouTube with new hip-hop music video
- GoldenGateXpress: Taser debate sparks student protest